Saturday, February 22, 2014

Knock, Knock. Who is There??

Saturday February 22, 2014
Sabado  22 Febrero 2014

We spent some of the morning doing some walking.  Not on the beach though.  We walked to the feria and got some fresh vegetables. I worked on my tiny part that I would like to say in Spanish for our lesson today.  I talked to myself out loud in the kitchen while I washed the veggies, made the granola and am still trying to make sourdough bread from my starter.

I think I have it all memorized.  
We received a text from Miguel at noon and unfortunately, he had to work overtime today and Rita was not home either.  Oh, well.  He was very polite and wants to set up a new time.  Mike is still working on his presentation for the stake president.  At 4:30 pm we drove the Pugmire’s car to our next visit with Mary Juarez. We had to call the Elders to make sure we had the right place.  They called her cell phone and there was no answer.  We knocked her door and no one answered or seemed to be home.  We left her a card with a phone # for her to call. So, it was not a very successful day in finding people home.  We came back to the apartment, fixed pizza for dinner, made regular bread for the week (unless I give it away) and continued to work on Mike’s presentation.   The weather today was perfect!  I won’t say anymore.


Our window view tonight
 P.S. At the time I was about to post this blog, Mike was called by the Elders.  They want him to come to their apartment.  There went one fresh loaf of bread!  

2 comments:

  1. They're going to start asking him to come over just so he'll bring bread with them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was still steaming hot when I arrived at their apartment. Turned out there were 6 hungry elders living there not 2. They love Hermana Burnett

    ReplyDelete